What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files with information that a web page (specifically the web server) stores on a user’s computer. However, it is not possible to access or obtain the content of documents or files from the user’s computer. Cookies contain some information, such as the name of a website and certain digits and numbers. Each time the user logs on to a web page, the user retrieves that information and offers the user related services. A typical example of such information is the user’s preferences on a website, as stated by the choices made by the user on that website (e.g. selecting specific “buttons”, searches, ads, etc.).
What cookies does the Website use?
Types of cookies used:
Technical cookies are used for the correct functioning of certain functions of the Website.
The Website uses technical cookies for the sole purpose of of carrying out the transmission of certain information on an electronic communications network which is deemed necessary for the provision of the specific service explicitly requested by the user of subscriber ( Section 4 para. 5 Law. 3471/2006)
They are separated into browser cookies and session cookies, which ensure that the Website functions correctly:
- Analysis cookies, which are technical cookies,when used in order to measure and analyze the total number of users and behaviour on this website;
- Functionality cookies, which allow the web page to be set up according to various user options (e.g. language and so on), to provide improved services.
The collection and processing of information through the use of technical cookies is necessary for the proper functioning of the Website.
How do I review cookie settings in the browser?
Some users may not agree with storing the information collected by cookies on their computer. Each web browser provides clear instructions on the policy of using cookies.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can modify your web browser settings to warn you when cookies are sent, disable all or some of the cookies that the Website uses, or delete cookies already installed on your computer.
Below are references to the most basic web browsers that relate to specific versions.
You are recommended to refer to the official literature of the manufacturers for the most up-to-date information.
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=el
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/el-gr/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/el/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
For web browsers from other manufacturers please refer to their official literature.